Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wormbath - Ornamental Horticulture


This is kind of an interesting find. I found this 7" packed inside with another thing that I had bought, and didn't realize until I got home what it was. And I have to say, this is the best record I've ever found inside another record. Now, I don't have a good picture of the cover, because I don't have a cover. I was able to find a mirror of the band's geocities site in order to find out some info on this. Wormbath was a band out of Royersford, PA (north-west of Philly). They have a pretty standard early to mid-90s pop punk sound, reminiscent of Screeching Weasel, and maybe even early Green Day and early Blink 182. The song topics are pretty much the same, too; girls, school, a general feeling of inadequacy paired with the strong desire to do one's own thing; you know the deal. Put out in 1996, the band has this to say about it:

This, our first vinyl release, was recorded in Myke's front room, by Myke's dad on our newly acquired ADAT digital recorder thing. It featured four songs that we felt were our best at this time: Always Rain, My Friends, Hopeless, and I Like it Better. It was a lot cheaper to record, since we did it all ourselves, mixin and all that.  It turned out to be a really good record in my opinion, but I guess not too many of the kids in our area have record players cuz we sure still have plenty.
Writer's note: if you guys have so many lying around - send me one! I want a cover.

So there you have it, Wormbath's "Ornamental Horticulture." Download it below, listen to it, share it, enjoy.

Download @ 320kbps

1 comment:

  1. Wow it's been THAT long? Thanks for ripping this but maybe your turntable is a little fast on side B. There's no way I was able to sing "Hopeless" that fast! But I was much younger then... thanks,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete